Wine Dine and Play: Table Six Kitchen + Bar

Table Six Kitchen + Bar



 Canton, Ohio
Start with one table not six
Dined in May 2014
Table Six is the newest restaurant to open in the Canton area, and is attached to the 91 restaurant group that has several other restaurants in the area. The menu is designed for more bistro style but still with the California flair as 91Wood Fire Oven is, except they have tried to introduce an array of western European pub style foods, and southern favorites. When I went with my family, it seemed disorganized and chaotic, though it was a slow day, the server did not explain the concepts very well, and overall the food was a little bland.

Scroll down to read the main review

World’s Top 100:
Alinea, Chicago                      

Other trending restaurants on wine, Dine, and Play:

Trending wines:
Follow Wine, dine, and Play:
https://www.facebook.com/WineDineAndPlayhttp://www.pinterest.com/winedineandplay/boards/https://twitter.com/WineDinePlayhttps://plus.google.com/101959252647459500827/postshttp://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1ovEUh/winedineandplay.blogspot.com/http://www.tumblr.com/blog/winedineandplayblog  http://www.flickr.com/photos/114404072@N02/http://digg.com/submit
 http://instagram.com/winedineandplay#
 Star ratings chart:
5 stars
Extraordinary  
4 stars
Outstanding 
3 stars
Exceeded expectations    
2 stars
Above average                         
1 star
Average
No star rating
Basic, poor, or appalling


Review basics:
Overall Star rating by Wine, Dine, & Play:
No star rating
Quality of food:
5 of 10
Presentation:
6 of 10
Wine selections by region:
Scroll below the main review section to see the tasting notes of the wines chosen.
4 of 10

Customer service:
5 of 10
Ambiance:
5 of 10
Corkage fee’s:
American Restaurant standard is $25.00 per bottle
Restaurant style:
Casual
Dress code:
Casual

Reservations:
Not Required
Make reservation through seatme.com, a service through Yelp, or by contacting the restaurant directly. See contact info below the review section
Walk-ins:
Not accepted, Accepted,  but not guaranteed
Child policy:

They have a kids menu, but hire a Babysitter. See Alinea Baby Gate, god I love Alinea.
Cuisine style:
Contemporary,  American, & Vegetarian
Music styles:
Background instrumental
Experiences:
Great bar, Great outdoor dining, & Rustic
Gratuities:
Industry standard is 18-20% added to parties of 6 or more
 
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Diner’s,
Parking:
Parking lot
Transport options:
Bus, taxi, personal vehicle, and walking
The restaurants reviewed on this site may have Wi-Fi, but do not require you to go online, because the excitement of the food and wine alone will keep you too entertained instead of checking your social media and emails.
Noise level:
Medium
Smoking:
Nonsmoking restaurant, and nonsmoking patio
Patio:
Yes


Food price per person
(Excluding tax & gratuity)

Price chart:
$£€¥ -                Under 50.00
$£€¥ x 2 -          Under 75.00
$£€¥ x 3 -          Over 100.00
$£€¥ x 4 -          Over 200.00
$£€¥ x 5 -          Over 400.00

Currencies chosen reflect the world’s major travelers and restaurant connoisseur's

My food bill:
Currency:
Country :
Price chart:
$ 36.00
United States Dollar (USD)
 
$
£ 21.19
Great Britain Pound Sterling (GBP)
 
£
26.75
European Union (EUR)
 
$ 38.71
Canadian Dollar (CAN)

 
$

Visit these sites to get up to date currency rates:    
 www.xe.com
Alternatively, visit:


Scroll down below the main review to see cost of wines and tasting notes.



From restaurants home page:
Welcome to our version of a gastropub where we pair innovative culinary techniques with traditional, made-from-scratch comfort food that is perfect for sharing. In true gastropub fashion, our drinks are held in the same high regard as our food. We offer cocktails prepared with fresh juices, herbs and infusions, over 80 different spirits, unique beers and a variety of wines.

Main review:
I came in with my family to eat, but before I go any deeper into this review, I need to mention that for a short period of time I used to work with the 91 Restaurant Group, and I left on my own accord for better opportunities. That being said, the reviews I do for this company, are like any other reviews I have on this blog. I don’t show special favoritism, and I tell it like I see it. What I saw at Table Six did not impress me for whatever attempt they were trying to do to set them above a chain restaurant and consider themselves a bistro or gastropub.

Apparently the restaurant is designed for sharing, but the server, a guy named Drew failed to mention that when we were looking over the menu during his introduction. Yes the menu had several references that mentioned sharing, but I’ve seen that on menus in other restaurants as well, and usually it refers to a large platter that is brought out and shared by the table, or it is in reference to a larger item that can be shared. When you look at the menu you can take it to mean many different things. So we started with the appetizer of Garlic Roasted Shrimp Sautéed in scampi butter, with roasted garlic, lemon, and an aioli that they had labeled as T6 aioli. Not too bad, a decent start, even though my Sister-in-Law had ordered a Pina Colada from the bar, before we ordered appetizers, and the we were nearly finished with that starter by the time it arrived.

On a second note, I also ordered a bottle of Orin Swift Cellar’sThe Prisoner”, a Zinfandel from their list, the only real decent bottle of red they had for me and my brother to enjoy. Now my brother usually doesn’t care about the wine, and he enjoyed, as did I. However as a wine connoisseur as you have most likely seen from reading the reviews of the wines I have on this blog, you will be able to tell that I’m picky…not a snob, just picky. Red wine especially a decent one like Orin Swift should be held like most red wines at a cool temperature between 54 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and every wine expert in the world will agree to that as the best temperature for optimal enjoyment. There are a lot of basic places in America that treat medium to excellent wines like they do crappy table wines or house wines, and it is such a disappointment when you have to ask for a bucket of ice water to chill down your red wine. So unfortunately Table Six joins the sad list of other restaurants and chains that leave all their wine behind the bar on a shelf above the refrigerators where they keep the cold beer, and as anyone knows the basic laws of physics, warm air rises, and cool air descends, so the red wine sits there and gets hotter, which can also damage the wine. Now to me, I don’t care what the restaurant does to their wine, because they bought it, but if I’m going to drink it, then they need to do a better job. This is why most chain restaurants or places like this I go to, I bring in my own bottle. But I thought hell this is advertised as an upscale bistro, they should do that, so I didn’t bring in my own bottle this time.

After ordering the entrée’s, the confusion began on what I talked about earlier in regards to sharing. The server brought out one entrée, it was the Spring Chicken entrée with raspberry BBQ, mashed potatoes, and scallions that my Sister-in-Law ordered for her, and her daughter. Looked good, so as I saw that, I figured my brothers and my entrée would be out next. But, the server only brought out the chicken. He had a free hand; he could have brought out my Milk Braised Pork Shoulder entree, with homemade mashed potatoes, and pork gravy with the chicken, or my Brothers order of the Fish & Chips with a craft beer battered cod, fresh cut potato fries, ad house slaw with Sriracha ketchup.
A few Minutes went by, my Sister-in-Law started eating, and then my order of truffle French fries came up, that I though was to be an appetizer as well, but obviously mistaken for an entrée. No harm done, but where were the other entrée’s? Then after a few minutes my brothers Fish and Chips and my entrée arrived at the table, as my Sister-in-Law was almost done. I asked why there was a delay, and then he said that the restaurant is a sharing restaurant where everyone shares each other’s entrée’s and they bring them out one or two at a time. Well a few things, first he didn’t mention that leading to some confusion, then when he delivered the chicken, he did not bring out any side plates, or a communal knife and fork to cut the chicken with, and the entrée was small, so how were we going to share it, and fill up with? Having no side plates, I wasn’t going to reach over and grab it from the plate in front of my Sister-in-Law, that’s just rude manners.
The concept could have worked if they would have explained it, instead of automatically assuming that we already knew. Once the entrees were finished we ordered some dessert to split, that we could do, and of course requested extra plates this time to go with them. We had the Texas Sheet Cake, with chocolate pecan icing and vanilla bean ice cream, as well as the Sticky Toffee Pudding, with warm and homemade butterscotch and vanilla bean ice cream. I honestly was surprised to see this on the menu, as the only place I had really seen it before now was in England, and it did taste good, so I give them credit there. The rest of the experience was a fail in my book. Maybe when you go, you will have a different experience than me.
 

This Restaurant reminds me of:
Good desserts, but otherwise semi bland food. Thank god I didn’t try their Shrimp and Grits since I’m a lover of Southern Cuisine, based on the rest of the food quality, I may have walked out if that plate was full of instant grits instead of Stone Ground. Again not very impressed, so I would compare this experience to some other mediocre visits to places like Dunes Restaurant in Constantia, South Africa, and Wipe Out Bar and Grill on the Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco.

Other Canton favorites:
Freudy’s Bar and Grill

Visit other Canton, Ohio Restaurants at OpenTable.com 
 http://www.opentable.com/oh/canton-restaurants


Cost of wines and other alcoholic beverages in USD:
$64.00

Tasting Notes:
Wine & Grape:
Nose (Bouquet):
Palette Experience:
Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Petite Syrah and Grenache. The wine features enticing aromas of bing cherry, espresso, and roasted fig.
Persistent flavors of ripe raspberry, pomegranate, and wild berry linger harmoniously for a smooth and luscious finish.

Wine Regulatory:


Restaurant address: 
6113 Whipple Ave. NW
North Canton, OH 44720

   https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.71667212,d.aWw,pv.xjs.s.en_US.YFdfT8NY_7E.O&biw=1278&bih=544&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&cid=15125525785421287500&q=Table+Six&sa=X&ei=1mnSU9PfLMOXyASuyYLAAw&ved=0CJkBEPwSMAs                                      


Cross streets:
Everhard Road NW & Dressler Road NW

GPS Coordinates:
Latitude: 40.868657
Longitude: -81.422318

Contact Information:

Maître d, reservations:
330.305.1666
Website:
Email:
Online Reservations :
https://www.seatme.yelp.com/
Social Media:

Facebook Link               
  https://www.facebook.com/Table6Canton
https://twitter.com/Table6Canton



 Hours:

Monday
11 am – 10 pm
Tuesday
11 am – 10 pm
Wednesday
11 am – 10 pm
Thursday
11 am – 10 pm
Friday
11 am – 11 pm
Saturday
11 am – 11 pm
Sunday
11 am – 8 pm
  
Standard Time (GMT -5:00)



Explore the pdf menu         




https://www.facebook.com/WineDineAndPlay

Review by:
Chef Sean Overpeck (CFE)


Chef Sean cooks for soldiers in Afghanistan, 2012:





"Culinary perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things, but in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well."

TTFN
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You may also like:

View my food journey on Zomato!

Popular Posts: